Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Virginia Rail at Grass Lake

Back in the later days of April, I headed to Grass Lake, a favourite spot that almost always has something there for me to find and enjoy.  I wasn't there long when I heard the familiar, buzzy, two syllable calls of Virginia rails talking one to another. I crawled down the steep slope of the grassy bank towards the newly growing cat tail bull rushes and waited for movement and quick glimpses of this usually concealed bird.

Virginia Rail hiding in the vegetation.
It took a while, but I was rewarded...




As I was heading out, a muskrat left the same area I had been watching. Maybe he had been watching me the whole time too... I hadn't noticed him till I went to leave.

Muskrat

Till next time...
Keep enjoying HIS handiwork.

1 comment:

Sorry about the annoying word verification... I've been deluged with Spam comments lately and some have been offensive.